The existing 1930’s house, located a stone’s throw from Nielsen Park Vaucluse, was strongly influenced by nearby houses designed by William Hardy Wilson in the Interwar Georgian Revival Style.
The Owners sought to alter the house for their current family’s needs, retain the 1930’s features, and weave the disparate existing elements with a unifying language which respected the house’s heritage.
The front of house welcomes both visitors and the northern sun. The rear of the house was rationalized and a primary living space created from disjointed previous alterations. Extended family gatherings now take place under the soft shade of the pergola, the new a focal point for the garden and primary living space.